Wednesday, May 21, 2008

J & A Catch Idol Fever


I don't know if anyone else in Bloggerland has been watching American Idol this season, but for the first time since Kelly Clarkson won it 7 years ago, Abigail and I got wrapped up in this years Idol fever. Tonight was the big finale pitting the two David's (Archuleta and Cook) against each other. By some twist of good fortune, I was able to score 3rd row seats and Abigail and I skipped work for the day and braved the crowds at the Nokia Theater in downtown L.A.

We sat in a lot of long lines, but in the end it was well worth the wait. Fascinating to see all that goes into a live production like this, we rubbed elbows with a lot of very rich people up front just to the left of Simon Cowell. If you watched the episode you will catch a quick glimpse of Abigail in one shot behind David Cook's mom (Abs is wearing pink) and then a shot of both of us during Archuleta's second song (you really have to be looking). Alas, it was a fun and memorable day being together and dreaming our own dreams while watching these two live out theirs. Any other Idol fans? Who got your vote?

4 comments:

sarahjane said...

We're not idol fans, but I totally downloaded last night's episode to search for you in the crowd. I did see Ab in the first song, but I couldn't find you during the little guy's second song. How in the world did you get those tickets, Jacob? Is Jeff's bookie working for you now too?

Jake said...

Abigail and I have never really done the "Hollywood" thing and we've been here almost 10 years so I thought it'd be fun (kind of for her 30th b-day next week as well)

I put our names on a waiting list a couple months ago and we got contacted Friday about tixs. We had to wait in a line for about 3 hrs then they just handed us 2 free tickets for the show. Our just happened to be in the orchestra pit, row C. Random. Total cost= $5 (parking pass).

debbie said...

Hey...how cool that you got to go! I don't watch the show but I do know about the 2 Davids!

steve lampi said...

Did you hear Jimmy kimmel make fun of the cast. I think they were really mad. I think that was last night's show though. I'll try to youtube and find you guys.