Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A TRADITION UNLIKE ANY OTHER: GAINES-LAMPI REUNION 08


Buenas Tardes y'all,

Well, it's that time a year, when the robin lays its first egg, where kith and kin alike stare at their barren gardens and begin to toil, when students get an extra annoying energy & zeal to have class outside (bad idea jeans...."But seriously Mr. Lampi, we'll totally do our work and be productive..."), and when all of us, mostly midwesterners countdown to summerdayz!

And on that note, I present to you the possibility I threw out about a few months ago: GL reunion '08 on the shores of pristine Lake Huron.

I spoke with the official "party planner" about a week ago and he told me that his Glendora fam will be heading back to the mitten in August and suggested I throw out a few dates. Steph and I need to make arrangements for the mobile home next door to her family's 2, so we wanted to see if the following days work out for you all. And all we ask is if we can EVERYONE to chime back before we embark on the necessary details to make this happen.

If in a day or so we haven't heard from everyone, could one person just call and remind their family member or ask them if they are IN for this annual outing? For example, if I don't hear from Deborah, I'll chat with her and see if she wants to get those clubs polished off for some serious LAKEVIEW HILLS FUN!

As of late, Jake and fam, my parents, Wes and Sarah have given me the "go" I believe.

The dates: The week of August (monday) 11- 16 (sunday). Any 3 days we thought in there would be plenty of time before Wes and get in a fight after a few DOS EQUIS and talk about me messing up his round of golf earlier that morning.

Check your calendars and chime back. Food, family, fires, golf, swim, parks, cable TV (Tigers games!), shopping, stories, ...and an infamous, weird swinging bridge ?????

Here's pic to wet your whistle: Lakeview Hills 18th....eat your heart out Augusta


love jeff

7 comments:

wes gaines said...

we're in and flexible, just call us up from hoosierland

Ben and Becky said...

Ben has to go back to work that week:(

Abigail said...

Booyah. I'm so there. Is there any way we could do the week before if B&B&J and everyone else could make it then?

Bill said...

B&L are in.

sarahjane said...

I think we're pretty flexible in August. Wes has some vacation he could use, but if part of the trip was over a weekend that would be great for us. Did Abigail say "booyah?" Nice.

steve lampi said...

we're in as well.

Steve shea grey

Andrew said...

I'm in.