Sunday, April 06, 2008

Mexico Missions...The Final 4...MSU Riots...Are the Lampi's Okay?

I just got home this afternoon from leading a weekend missions trip in Tijuana with about 30 students from FCS. We had a great time and worked with an amazing local church that the maintenance guy at my school pastors. We put on a big outreach event yesterday in a local village and had about 500 kids and families show up. My students stepped up big time and I was so proud of them. Alas, I missed the Final Four, but caught it on radio and it looks like it's down to Steph and I. KU wins and I take it. KU loses and Steph wins. But more importantly, I got online to see what happened in the world and saw chaos erupting in EL. The Spartys making national coverage again with their inability to resist burning the couches and throwing glass bottles at police. Que paso amigos de EL? Is everyone okay? Any first hand accounts?

2 comments:

c-unitsdaddy said...

Jake, sounds like an awesome trip, man! Way to go! Tell me it wasn't the Colina Resort and Spa though. JK

Yeah, Cedar Fest happened this weekend and like 1999 and 2000, it got out of hand....again. "Cedar"fest named after "CedarVillage
apartments is where I laid my head for a year on the top bunk and on the bottom, my late friend Paul "JP" who some of you might remember. That place was insane. Come to think of it, I never once studied in my apartment complex, but took the books elsewhere...probably to the greek goddess' house party on Milford Street....another story....ah ...yeah....

Ironically, the two weekends we were out of town, the tear gas is flying and cars are turned upside down. (this weekend, and at my parents' house the weekend of the '99 riots after we lost to Duke in national semifinal.)

I heard that there were like 4,000 students chanting "We want Tear Gas" to the cops. Ah, request granted baby! Go State! At least we ..... (insert State joke here)

..but "Watch what you say."

c-unitsdaddy said...

and BTW Jake, Steph wants to OWN you tonight..and her hubby is willing to "up-the-antie" if you want some. 517 214-6211 you know where to find me