Tuesday, December 19, 2006

CASH

Bonding with mom.

Cash, contemplating the meaning of life outside the womb.

The Gaines Family

A little video of our boy!! WATCH

We're home and loving being parents. We love our boy, Cash. You always hear about what its like when you become a dad or mom but, wow it is blowing us away how much love we have for our son, there is nothing like it! The long and short of the story Jeff mentioned probably has to do with me blacking out in the delivery room, incredible yes, Sarah endured over 24 hours of back labor, with contractions lasting up to 3 minutes in length and its me who almost passes out in the room as she is getting a much deserved epidural. I was supposed to be in front supporting her, but the next thing I knew I was literally seeing stars! The midwife took one look at me and knew what was going to happen, "Alright Wes, you're outta here!" So I waited in the hallway with my head between my knees sipping on Sprite recovering from my near collapse. I made it back into the room and redeemed myself during the big push. I'm a wimp, Sarah was awesome. We can't wait for the rest of our family to meet Cash.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Such a beautiful boy! We've been telling Gracie all about her new cousin, and she seems somewhat interested (even smiled at him once). Can't wait to get them together in the near future. Congrats from SoCal again and again. Look forward to meeting da' boy in a few weeks. Much love!