Tuesday, February 17, 2009

cute story

I thought I would share a quick moment from yesterday that was pretty special. So like, Caleb had to go into Preschool yesterday to take a "test" with his teacher, Mrs. Tildon for Kindergarten - you know the letters, storytelling, numbers, etc. stuff. One of the last parts of the test he had to finish an incomplete drawing of a man. He drew the rest of the man, and Mrs Tildon said, "good job, Caleb," but Caleb told her he wasn't done yet. He continued to draw a heart inside his chest. Mrs. Tildon asked Caleb, "How does this man feel?" He told her that "This man is FULL of JOY."

She came out after the test to tell Steph about his performance, and that cute story that caused her eyes to well-up when he said that. Ever since I've had Caleb and Eden I have realized how much I have fallen far from the innocent, child-like, faithful simplicity of things. Everything's always so complicated. And like never before when Christ calls us to "come to him like a little one," and the myriad verses that echo this "child-likeness" have I been reminded by this. And a lot of the time they GET IT, and we miss it. Anyway, thought I would share it.

4 comments:

Abigail said...

I love this story.

Ben and Becky said...

So cute-we miss those little guys!

Bill said...

"The memory of the righteous will be a blessing" Proverbs 10:7.
A family is a museum of memories.

lena jo said...

How precious! We can learn a lot from these little ones.