Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just a thought...

I have to admit that I haven't spent much time on the ol' Gaines/Lampi Blog as of late... but, the other night I got sucked in and found myself going all the way back to its very beginnings in 2005. I stayed awake in bed till midnight sifting through our musings about weekend happenings, significant moments, dogs, vegetables, birthdays, books, anniversaries, etc., etc. And now we fast forward 4 years to a handful of beautiful, healthy children, new jobs and homes, marriages still strong and thriving, and a continuous sense that God is near and faithful. We have become Grandmas and Grandpas, Uncles and Aunts, and Mommies and Daddies. We have learned more about ourselves, one another, and our world. And most importantly, it is evident in the good seasons of life and the bad, that somehow we keep getting closer to where God wants us to be... Even if it's simply because we've acquired some more age lines that let us know that we're nearer to being with him each day than we were the day before. I can never say this enough, but it is good to share life together. Love you guys.

6 comments:

lena jo said...

Your post was a sweet reminder of how blessed we are and have been these past 4 years. A few weeks back Wes had posted an article about raising children. It contained this quote that resonated deeply with me for some reason: "Families: it's where sin shows up, it's where we fail and get forgiven, it's where we get to be human and hurtful-but still belong."
I'm so glad that I belong to you and you belong to me my Gaines-Lampi fam!

Bill said...

I echo my wife's comments. Abigail, thank you for putting this treasure we have into words - the Gaines family, the Lampi family and the Gaines-Lampi families. Many search a lifetime to be able to have as rich a blessing as this.

I love U all

debbie said...

Beautifully put Abigail..
God has been so good to us and I cherish this relationship we all have. Thanks for the reminder. God's blessings to you all!

sarahjane said...

It's always fun to look back through our old blog posts now that we're in our fourth blogging year. It's certainly a pleasure to share our lives together, even though we live so far apart.

steve lampi said...

Well put Abs.

norm said...

Hi Have a great weekend