Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A Thing of Beauty

I can hardly believe that this time next week we will be gathering for what I pray is an amazing few days together high in the Sierra Nevada's! Abigail, Gracie and I are heading up Sunday night to hang with her folks for a few days so we'll make sure all is set and ready. Looks like the weather's going to cooperate (thanks dad), and I'm sure the water will be crystal clear so as Jim Westerfield once said on a Sunday evening church-wide pool party, "Let the games begin!"

I don't know exactly why but yesterday as I was praying/thinking on next week's trip I had this idea of a theme that might encapsulate what I prayed the week was about. I'm guessing this comes from the teacher/pastor threads in me, but today as I thought some more the phrase, "A Thing of Beauty" came to mind. Now, divine leading or spoiled milk in my cereal I don't know but I thought it would be cool to reflect on this theme as we gather and hang out next week. We will be surrounded by beauty at so many different levels and I want to harness and cherish this beauty. So here's you assignment... be ready to share your experiences with beauty as it pertains to the Gaines-Lampi family in the past and in the present as we experience God's beauty in Tahoe. I'm looking for stories, new and old of how what God has given and is giving us is "A Thing of Beauty." Who knows, perhaps we'll get some inspiration from the artists, songwriters, poets, and wise old sages amongst us? I'm not going to say any more, just be ready to experience, "A Thing of Beauty."

If you've lost your directions, check the earlier posts. If you know someone who hasn't been on the blog for awhile (errr...Steve, where you been?), then tell them to swing in and get these posts. If you get lost on the way, ring my cell phone. If you have any other ?'s, give me a buzz. See you next week!

1 comment:

sarahjane said...

We've got our supplies at hand. Trivia questions finished. Things of beauty to share. Now we just have to pack. This might be a dumb question, but can you use sheets with a pack n play? We've never used one and aren't sure whether or not to pack one for Cash.