Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tahoe Reflections

Wow, what a wonderful 5 days! I'd like to first say a big thank you to everyone for making this dream into a reality. I know it took commitment, sacrifice, and a bit of patience (insert hike jokes here), but I know for us it was so worth it all. I'm still picking Tahoe pine needles out of my shoes as I reflect on this amazing gift we have. Abigail and I debriefed a lot on our 8 hour journey back to SoCal and we agreed that it couldn't have gone much better. It was kind of sad being the last to leave, but as we rolled past Baldwin Beach, Mt. Tallac trail, and finally swung left by Raley's I thought there are times when sadness is sweet because it tells you how much something or someone really mean to you. In this case, it reminded me of why I love all of you and why I look forward to what will hopefully become a pretty cool tradition that I pray has laid a foundation for future Gaines-Lampi's to build upon.

In case you're experiencing post-Tahoe withdrawl (as I do on a regular basis) click here and it'll take you right back there in real time.



4 comments:

sarahjane said...

We were also glad the weekend went so well! Great photos. I need to get a copy of that one of the cousins.

c-unitsdaddy said...

ok, I'll make this short and sweet mainly because time and "sleep" right, is of the essence with ninos and well....words CAN NOT express how BLESSED Steph and I are after being with you.


This is it! This is what beautiful means...This is what we will look forward to every year!

A tradition unlike any other...........Not the Masters......but GL reunions to come!

Steph and I are usually ready to be back after a vacation, but like I said to Jake around 6:30 pacific time on Monday am, I still wish I was there.

MORE PICS PLEASE!!!

c-unitsdaddy said...

Oh yeah...caleb is still talking about it! Baseball, beach, etc....but mainly los cuatro PERROS!

Ben and Becky said...

We had a great time! Look forward to more in the future..