Monday, December 15, 2008

BCC Moments To Remember


I'm not sure how God works, but I know it's mysterious. You are looking at the reason Ben and I attended Sunday School taught by Papa Lampi from 6-8th grade. Inside that wrapper was not only a delicious treat of explosive flavors, but an opportunity for God to work. I get a sucker, I go to Sunday School and hear the word of God, even though i was a pain in the rear I'm sure. this is one of my fondest memories of BCC as Ben and I reminisced on Facebook earlier tonight. these delightful suckers drew every bit of saliva your pallet could create as the sugar and flavoring seaped into taste buds to illuminate your senses while hearing Dad lampi speak of this Jesus. Thank you dad for making me be there and for always brining these suckers along.

So why am I writing this?... Well as you all know BCC is going though some rough times right now. Ben and I thought it would be cool for each of us to blog some favorite BCC moments that moved us, captured us, changed us and let's be honest, made us laugh over and over again. Blog it new if you'd like so we all can see. have a great week. Love ya'll.

6 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

I guess I will go back to that same time-frame. But instead of the sweet and sours, I think it was the fear of God that Kathy Tate put in us to show up for our first accountability group..It is hard to remember all that went on in that group-except for the fact that I remember the panic minutes before we met, trying to skim read a devotional (from a mini-book) we were supposed to read, and pick out that one thing that really stuck out that week. I don't know if she was just being nice, or if I tricked her all that time-having her think that I was reading....

Jake said...

I'll just make a quick 30 second list as they come to mind...
Caraway Street, Walkin' on the Heaven Road, Whirly Birds, the Catacombs, the Light Brigade, Smokin' Joe Suminiski's Men's Prayer Breakfast links, Higgins Lake, Dan Kinder, the Marmion farewell duet, some guy who used to play his trumpet (Dave Cabell?) English Muffin pizzas at VBS, Christmas Caroling from Sefas to the Gazebo, People Need the Lord, and YOU,CARRY HIS CROSS!!!!!!

wes gaines said...

Jacob hit the nail on the head, one of my favorite memories oddly is also the Smokin Joe's Easter breakfast and of course Heartcry bashes at the Styles house "I miss my JB licks!!".

One of the things I've learned this past year in being part of a small church plant is how important community is. Church should be family. It is the place where real life happens, where we experience life together and are formed by Christ together. It is messy, it is not perfect, there are issues, and if there are not then you should worry. I appreciate that at BCC everybody knew me, cared about me, and were part of my life. I also liked softball, skituations, Dave Grutman fainting during Tom Fox's marathon prayer, the two mystery guys on stage during Jacob's baptism, and Rock Lake.

lena jo said...

And how can we forget "Jesus" (a.k.a. Jason Richardson) falling off the cross during the Sunday morning Easter service.

debbie said...

Hey guys...do you remember when Jim Gordon lost his car keys at King's Island and no one had turned them in, so we took hands, formed a circle and prayed right out in the middle of the walkway. A half hour later, the keys were turned in!!! God is great!

great memories! I loved the 3 summer mission trips with you guys!!!!

Bill said...

Here's mine: Xmas service and Jacob walking down the isle with Wesley's BB shorts on. I was hoping and praying that he didn't have to bend over.